To birth or to blog......

Well, since I last posted, we were blessed to have another addition to the family. Isaac Spurgeon Boudreau was born on February 3rd at 1:15am, clocking in at 8 lbs, 10 oz and 21 inches long. It was also the fastest labor to date - a bit over 8 hours - yet every time I say that, Sofia is quick to clarify that it wasn't easy. That's fair - I couldn't do it for more than 2 waves - no way.

Isaac is named first after Abraham's child of promise in scripture. Since it's our primary desire that Isaac be saved (and thus, a true child of Abraham), we thought the name fitting. Secondly, he's named after one of my favorite hymn writers Isaac Watts, who wrote "When I Survey the Wondrous Cross," "Alas and did my Savior Bleed?" and "Joy to the World." He was a pastor and lived in the end of the 1600's and early 1700's. For a the only bio I have found on Isaac Watt's, here is a two part lecture on him (scroll down the page): http://www.monergism.com/directory/link_category/History-of-Christianity/Audio-and-Multimedia/Nick-Needham/

Then the middle name Spurgeon is obviously (to most reading this) after the prince of preachers Charles Haddon Spurgeon, who preached in Britain in the latter half of the 1800's. For a good bio on Spurgeon, listen to John Piper break down his life, though from a more pastoral perspective, as he was giving this at a pastor's conference: http://www.monergism.com/directory/search.php?action=search_links_simple&search_kind=and&phrase=charles+spurgeon+piper&B1.x=0&B1.y=0

We are experiencing the manifold blessings of a Fatherly Shepherd who cares for us. It has been tough, but God has been gracious to sustain, stengthen, help, remind, love - He is the fountain from whom all blessings flow.

In Jesus,
The Boudreau's

PS: Pic's to follow. I need Sofia for that!

Comments

Please post pictures as soon as you can! I so wish I could be there to hold your little baby and bring you a meal or watch your kiddos....Know that I am praying for you and thinking of you often. Love you guys, Erica

Popular Posts